Sunday 28 October 2012

busy... happy...

I haven't checked, but it seems to me that every post at the moment starts with ''apologies for not blogging recently''. I could be wrong, but it feels that way.

Truthfully, I haven't been blogging because I've been busy living and loving university.The whole idea of enjoying uni is a strange concept to me, but I'm going with it because to be honest, it's fun. Next week is reading week and while I'm looking forward to it, it's going to be a bit strange because I get to see some friends on Saturday at Sophie's bonfire party. I don't think I've let myself think about the fact that everybody is scattered all over the country now.

Here's what I've been up to recently...


Top to bottom, left to right:

1. I've been very much enjoying autumn and all of the wonderful colours that come with it. I even braved this colour lipstick to uni.
2. My first Topshop nail polish purchases, Gypsy Night and Brazil. The fact that I have Fridays off is very dangerous for my shopping habits.
3. Came home (from shopping...ahem...) on Friday to find this sitting on the mat in the hallway. As expected, Loreen's debut album is incredible.
4. I've really been loving the moments where I'm on a train and this song comes on. There are few things as wonderful as drifting into your own little world, listening to this, surrounded by falling leaves.
5. Commuting. I am pretty much an expert regarding East Coast trains right now.
6. Last Sunday (the fact that it's a week ago now really makes me sad), Poppy and I went to see Mark Watson live in Sheffield. Mark is one of my favourite comedians and also happens to be a brilliant author. We met him after his show and he signed my books. I really do recommend that you look him up because the show was hilarious and he's also lovely. Win-win.
7. My first assignments were due in last week and the week before. How fun.
8. Saturday 13th was my sort-of-cousin's 18th birthday party. I'm not sure I like the fact that everybody's growing up now.
9. This is what the inside of a Hebrew textbook looks like, just in case any of you were wondering. I finally got this in class last Monday and it's so exciting. I love our Hebrew class - there are only 8 of us and we have two hours together every Monday where we ask each other awkward questions in Hebrew and tell random stories in our five minute break.
10. It snowed here in the early hours of Saturday morning... as in... actual snow... in October. I assume this is one of the many disadvantages to living ''up north'', except I've never lived ''down south'' so I can't really compare.

I hope everybody in the blogging world is well. I do hope to be back soon with something a bit more interesting, but we'll have to see how busy I am. I bought some crafting goodies in Hobbycraft this afternoon and I have two projects lined up, so I might write something on those up if they go well ;-)

SOTD is Keane - On the Road. It makes me happy every morning when I'm on the bus (bleh) and that's good enough to want to share it with you all. Hope you enjoy :-)

Thanks for reading,

Rx


No comments:

Post a Comment