Wednesday 26 September 2012

birthday shopping

Apologies for how long it has taken me to get this posted, I properly started uni on Monday and I've only just found time to actually sit down and write this.

My birthday was on the 18th and I turned 19. So far, I prefer it to 18 - mainly because there's no drama this year. My mum and I went shopping on my actual birthday as I didn't have to be at uni that day and I thought I'd show those of you who are beauty-minded a few things that I bought with my birthday money...


Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile
I seem to have lost my mind slightly in recent months. With the exception of nail polishes, I never used to like glitter. Now, if it sparkles I'll probably buy it. The glittery pigments were all extremely pretty, but this one was 'plain' enough for me to know that I'll use it on a regular basis. This looks lovely just patted over eyeshadow and unlike some glittery eyeshadows (UD Sidecar, I'm looking at you) it doesn't end up all over your face.


MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Creme Cup
Here's a little story for you... I bought Hue (also by MAC) for college prom and while I do love the colour, it is occasionally slightly too light on my lips and the formula is a bit...meh. To me, Creme Cup is a slightly more pink version of Hue, and the formulation is tons better. I also noticed that it stays on my lips for several hours, which is incredibly rare with me.


Nails Inc 'Nail Jewellery' nail polish in Diamond Arcade
You know what I said about glitter? Yeah, you see it now, right? The photo doesn't really do it justice, but this polish comprises of differently shaped pieces of glitter. I tried to take a photo of it over a plain white polish, but that photo doesn't do it justice either...


I suppose you can kind of see the difference in the pieces of glitter. Those nails looked much prettier in 'real life'. But even though it's a real pain to photograph, this polish is still absolutely gorgeous and perfect if you love a good glitter polish. The wear was decent (I'd say about 5 days before it started to look like I needed to either re-do it or change it completely) but that was without a top coat.

So, they were just a couple of purchases that I thought I'd share. I had a nice, low-key birthday this year, which was definitely necessary during a week of rushing between meetings and making new friends/acquaintances.

SOTD is Daughtry's 'Start of Something Good'.

Hope you're all having a good week :)

Rx



P.S. Jess did the coffee talk tag, go and read it here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment